[14 / 9]

No.3247465 View ViewReplyOriginalReport
I'm not sure if I can open this kind of thread here. There is something I'd like to know/discuss, althought pictures can also be posted.

Why is there such a difference for manga/picture censorship in relation to anime?

Here's some of the most common types of censhorship:

1) Male and female genitalia (not the asshole, unless there is anal sex) slightly hidden by a black, transparent, white or inverted colors bar, heart, or some other small object. Found in mangas and still pics.

2) Male and female genitalia (not the asshole, unless there is anal sex) painted white, so the penis becomes a silouette and the vulva becomes invisible. Found in mangas and still pics. Very uncommon in animated works (I think I've only seen it in Viper games).

3) Male genitalia becomes invisible. Found in mangas and still pics, animated videogames and anime.

4) Genitalia are funny objects. For example, the penis is a fish. Found in humorous mangas and still pics, animated videogames and anime.

5) Mosaic over male and female genitalia. The main censorship in animated works (in which case, the asshole gets censored too), found also in manga and still pics.

We all know that authors are obligated to censor their works. My question is, how do they decide which method to use? Why are animated works overcensored compared to still ones? We all know some authors have been santioned by law because they didn't censor enough but, why is there such a different in these mediums? What would happen if they released a hentai anime with black bars?